End of Life Statement
Global Technology Associates is announcing end of life for
GB-100 firewall appliance Sales of GB-100 Firewall Appliance were discontinued
as of August 31, 2000. The GB-100 Firewall Appliance will no longer
be supported in GNAT Box System Software version 3.4, anticipated for
release in Spring 2003.
| Last sales date
|| August 31, 2000
| Last date to order support contracts
|| December 31, 2002
| Last date to renew support contracts
|| December 31, 2002
| Last supported software version
|| GNAT Box System Software ver 3.3.x
| Last date product supported
|| March 30, 2003 for general users.
31, 2003 or end of contract for customers with a valid support contract.
Part Numbers Covered by this EOL Announcement
| Product Number
|| GB-100 Firewall Appliance
| GB-100 Single Version Upgrade (All markets)
|| GB-100 Annual Maintenance (International)
|| GB-100 Standard Support (US & Canada only)
|| GB-100 Premium Support (US & Canada only)
Current GB-100 Users
End Users operating GB-100
Firewall Appliances are advised not to update GNAT Box System
ver 3.4 or later when available,
but to continue running GNAT Box System Software ver 3.3.x or earlier.
those customers with a valid support contract GTA will continue
to offer technical support through the end of the support contract.
will offer a trade-up program for owners of GB-100 Firewall Appliances
who wish to migrate to the current
of trade-up program will be made available at a later date.
Discontinuance of GB-100 FAQ
- Why has GTA decided to discontinue supporting the GB-100 in future
versions of GNAT Box System Software.
- Several planned enhancements to GTA's GNAT Box System Software
take advantage of hardware and other technological advances which
are not incorporated into older products such as the GB-100. Therefore,
GTA it is no longer viable for GTA to continue to support the GB-100
in future version of our GNAT Box System Software.
- Will by GB-100 continue to operate after the announced end of support
- Yes, a GB-100 running GNAT Box System Software version 3.3 or earlier
will continue to operate as always. Customers who wish
to continue operating their GB-100 should not update to version 3.4
or later, as these software versions will not recognize the GB-100
- How does this announcement affect customers with GB-100 support
- GTA will honor valid GB-100 support contracts through the term
of the contract. However, customers who operate GB-100 Firewall
Appliances should not upgrade their systems beyond ver 3.3.
- Are there any avenues for technical support for GB-100 owners after
March 30, 2003?
- Support information may be available from a wide variety of resources
including GTA's website, and the GNAT Box User's Group are two examples. Localized
support from GTAŐs channel partners may also be available.
- Will GTA be offering a refund for the upgrades included in GB-100
- No, no refunds will be issued.
- What migration path is GTA offering to GB-100 customers?
- GTA will announce a trade-up program for current GB-100 customers
who wish to migrate to GB-1000 Firewall/VPN Appliance.