Product: CyberNOT Content Filtering
Global Technology Associates is announcing end of life
for CyberNOT Content Filtering option on GTA Firewalls. Sales of CyberNOT
Content Filtering products will be discontinued effective January 2, 2003.
CyberNOT Content Filtering will no longer be supported in GNAT Box System
Software version 3.4, anticipated for release in Spring 2003. Content filtering
will continue to be available on GTA Firewalls via subscription to Surf Sentinel.
| Last order date
|| December 31, 2002
| Last subscription renewal date
|| December 31, 2002
| Last supported software version
|| GNAT Box System Software ver 3.3.x
Part Numbers Covered by this EOL Announcement
| Product Number
|| CyberNOT Access Control License 1 yr 5000 users
|| CyberNOT Access Control License 1 yr 25 users
Current CyberNOT Subscriptions
End Users with current CyberNOT subscriptions are
advised not to update GNAT Box System Software to ver 3.4 or later
but to continue running GNAT Box System Software ver 3.3.x or earlier.
CyberNOT lists updates for current subscribers running GNAT Box System
Software ver 3.3.x or earlier, will continue to be available until
end of subscription or product discontinuance by Surf Control.
will offer a trade-up program for subscribers of CyberNOT who
wish to migrate to Surf Sentinel. Details of trade-up program will
be made available at a later date.
Discontinuance of CyberNOT FAQ
- Why has GTA decided to discontinue CyberNOT Content Filtering?
- Advancements have been made in content filtering products which
led to GTA partnering with Cerberian to offer Surf Sentinel. Surf Sentinel
provides our customers with a dynamic content filtering solution with
- How long will current CyberNOT subscriptions be valid?
- CyberNOT subscriptions will be valid until the end of the current
subscription date for those customers who continue to run GNAT Box
System Software ver. 3.3.x or earlier.
- What happens to the CyberNOT subscription if a customer upgrades
to version 3.4.x or later?
- If a customer chooses to upgrade to ver 3.4 or later, they will
forfeit the remainder of their CyberNOT subscription.
- How does this announcement affect customers with both CyberNOT and
support contracts that include upgrades?
- Customers with support contracts and CyberNOT who wish to continue
to utilize CyberNOT should not upgrade their systems beyond ver 3.3.
- Will GTA be offering a refund for support contract for the unused
portions if the customer desires to continue using CyberNOT?
- No, no refunds will be issued.
- What migration path is GTA offering to CyberNOT customers?
- GTA will announce a trade-up program for current CyberNOT customers
who wish to migrate to Surf Sentinel.